Annual elections for new LPVC officers will be held on Wednesday February 3, 2016 at Marie Callender’s Restaurant in Camarillo. Social time will begin at 6:30 PM; business will start at 7:00 PM. The restaurant is at 185 E. Daily Drive, just off the Las Posas exit. All members and those who would like to become members are encouraged to attend so that they may vote—and perhaps even run—for one of the positions. The LPVC is in need of active volunteers for the new year and especially needs a strong Executive Committee. Please consider becoming a part of your local Libertarian team.
County Party Officer Positions open are Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and the heads of the following committees: Membership, Fundraising, Volunteer, Newsletter, Campaigns, Media and Events. The Chair must be a registered Libertarian. All officers must be dues-paying members of the county party. No officer may be registered in any political party other than the Libertarian Party.
Nominations may be made in advance or at the election meeting on February 3. All nominated candidates must acknowledge either in writing or at the meeting that they are available and willing to serve. Current active county members will be mailed notification of this meeting; if your address has changed, please let us know.
An abridged version of the Officer duties is listed here. Members may request the complete printout from the Bylaws by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 805-642-LPVC.
- The Chair shall preside at all Central Committee meetings and at all meetings of the Executive Committee. He or she shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Party.
- The Vice Chair shall act as assistant to the Chair and shall perform the duties of the Chair in the event the Chair is, for any reason, unable to perform the duties of his or her office.
- The Secretary shall be the recording officer of the Party. The Secretary shall be responsible for maintaining the Party membership list and for receiving or sending formal notifications as shall be specified in the Constitution, By-laws and Meeting Rules, and shall be responsible for recording and promptly distributing minutes of Party proceedings. The Secretary shall maintain a current set of Standing Rules.
- The Treasurer shall receive, expend, and account for the funds of the Party under the supervision and direction of the Chair and Executive Committee.
- The Membership Chair shall be responsible for maintaining and increasing the number of Contributing Members to the Party.
- The Fundraising Chair shall be responsible for raising money to support the Party’s growth.
- The Volunteer Chair shall be responsible for recruiting, motivating and coordinating volunteers for activities sponsored by the Party.
- The Newsletter Chair will be responsible for the publication of a newsletter for dissemination of information about the Party to Contributing Members.
- The Campaigns Chair shall be responsible for coordinating candidate recruitment, training, and support.
- The Media Chair shall be responsible for the dissemination of information about the Party to the media and the public.
- The Events Chair shall be responsible for the planning and oversight of events held for the benefit of Contributing Members.
The continued growth and strength of the Party depends on adding new faces to the Officer roster for 2016. Consider bringing your energy and talents to your local LPVC. If you have any questions about the positions or the election procedure, feel free to contact the Party at email@example.com or 805-642-LPVC. Remember to come and vote for your Executive Committee members on February 3rd!