Our position is that Gary Johnson has a real shot at winning.
- Johnson the only 3rd candidate on ballot in all 50 states
- Trump and Hillary are the most unpopular candidates ever
- As 2 term governor of New Mexico, he has more relevant experience (and success in office) than both candidates combined
- The electoral college problem is a possibility – if Hillary and Trump both fail to get a majority of electoral votes, the republican controlled Senate would decide. Republican party is deeply divided and already has many Trump defectors. It’s possible if not likely they abandon Trump
- Our most important goal now is to raise awareness – Gary Johnson needs to poll at 15% or higher favorability to get into the national debates
Chuck, LPVC Member