Every member past and present who is interested in offering Ventura County more libertarian solutions in 2019 is invited to attend the Annual Officer Elections and Business Meeting January 29, 2019. Social time will begin at 6:00 PM; meeting will begin at 6:30 PM. All county party positions will be open for election. Current LPVC members may nominate or self-nominate. If you are a past member who would like to run, renew your membership now to be eligible. If you do not plan to run for an office, you are still needed to come and vote for your new Executive Committee.
There will be an optional dinner meal available for $28.00 (entree, salad, bread, beverage, tax and tip included). See below to select and purchase your entree. Note: Meal purchase is not required to attend meeting. Those not purchasing a meal may RSVP on the contact page or by emailing [email protected].
County Party Officer Positions open are Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and the heads of the following committees: Membership, Fundraising, Volunteer, Newsletter, Website, Campaigns, Media and Events. The Chair must be a registered Libertarian. All officers must be dues-paying members of the county party. No officer may be registered in any political party other than the Libertarian Party.
Nominations may be made prior to January 29 in writing or done verbally at the election meeting. All nominated candidates must acknowledge either in writing or at the meeting that they are available and willing to serve.
An abridged version of the Officer duties is listed here. Members may request the complete printout from the Bylaws by contacting the LPVC.
- The Chair shall preside at all Central Committee meetings and at all meetings of the Executive Committee. He or she shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Party.
- The Vice Chair shall act as assistant to the Chair and shall perform the duties of the Chair in the event the Chair is, for any reason, unable to perform the duties of his or her office.
- The Secretary shall be the recording officer of the Party. The Secretary shall be responsible for maintaining the Party membership list and for receiving or sending formal notifications as shall be specified in the Constitution, By-laws and Meeting Rules, and shall be responsible for recording and promptly distributing minutes of Party proceedings. The Secretary shall maintain a current set of Standing Rules.
- The Treasurer shall receive, expend, and account for the funds of the Party under the supervision and direction of the Chair and Executive Committee.
- The Membership Chair shall be responsible for maintaining and increasing the number of Contributing Members to the Party.
- The Fundraising Chair shall be responsible for raising money to support the Party’s growth.
- The Volunteer Chair shall be responsible for recruiting, motivating and coordinating volunteers for activities sponsored by the Party.
- The Newsletter Chair will be responsible for the publication of a newsletter for dissemination of information about the Party to Contributing Members.
- The Website Chair shall be responsible for the publication of a website where the contents are controlled by the Party and available to the general public.
- The Campaigns Chair shall be responsible for coordinating candidate recruitment, training, and support.
- The Media Chair shall be responsible for the dissemination of information about the Party to the media and the public.
- The Events Chair shall be responsible for the planning and oversight of events held for the benefit of Contributing Members.
Consider joining the LPVC ExCom and becoming more active locally with the Libertarian Party.The continued growth and strength of our Party depends on new volunteers giving their time and sharing their talents. If you have any questions about the positions or the election procedure, feel free to contact the LPVC.
Remember to come and vote on January 29th!
1620 Ventura Blvd
(along the 101 between Carmen and Lewis)
Camarillo, CA 93010
Google map and directions