You are invited to attend the Libertarian Party of California 2021 Convention, and I hope to see you there. We have lots of important business to get done and some really exciting speakers!
Where: Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, 300 South Court, Visalia, California
When: Friday, May 14 to Sunday, May 16, 2021
Agenda: In addition to conducting Party business, including elections, the Platform report, and the Bylaws report, there will also be speakers and panels. Speakers include:
- 2020 Presidential Candidate Jo Jorgensen
- 2020 Vice-Presidential Candidate Spike Cohen
- Wyoming State Representative Marshall Burt
- LNC Chair Joe Bishop-Henchman
There will be a campaign training panel, elected official panel, and a county affiliate roundtable. Reserve your spot today at https://ca.lp.org/convention/.
Volunteers help make the convention experience better for everyone. We need volunteers for numerous things, but especially with AV. Please sign up to volunteer at https://ca.lp.org/convention-volunteers/.
What will Spike Cohen’s badge say?
Help determine what Spike Cohen’s badge will read at the California convention on May 14-16. Donate now to vote for your favorite! Each dollar donated is another vote for the selected option. Vote at: https://lpca.z2systems.com/np/clients/lpca/donation.jsp?campaign=23&
Electronic Voting - Bring a Device!!
We will be using the Porcupine app developed by our Interim Executive Director, T.J. Ferreira, for elections at the convention. Porcupine requires a web-enabled device (computer, tablet, or phone). While paper ballots will still be made available for those without access to a device, we encourage all voting State Central Committee members to bring such a device in order to streamline the process.
Electronic Voting - Training Sessions
There will be three training sessions conducted over Zoom to learn how to use this app.
- Saturday, May 1, at 3 PM, https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0ldOqgrzIpGdCmC9b45SsGdlxQJpawxrz_
- Tuesday, May 4, at 8:30 PM, https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUode6qqT4qE9CS-7jh1MTd_1dv-vv7hRsh
- Thursday, May 6, at 6:30 PM, https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMpd-Gopz4rGNclV4RKfTAHFu6Fl5nVpk1L
Please join us for one of these training sessions.
Yours in Liberty,
Mimi Robson, Chairperson